Bulgarian Defense Ministry Refutes Plans of US Missile Defense Radar
There are no plans to have a radar from the US/NATO missile shield on the Botev peak in the Stara Planina (Balkan) Mountain Range, the Bulgarian Defense Ministry announced.
Currently, Bulgaria has participated in the missile shield only with some funding, but not with territories where elements of the shield are to be located.
"This is a misunderstanding," the Member of the Parliament from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria, GERB, party. Dobroslav Dimitrov, told the Bulgarian daily Trud (Labor). Dimitrov is leading the Bulgarian delegation at the NATO forum in Varna.
The MP added Bulgaria supports the shield, but the decision to have elements on Bulgarian soil has not yet been made.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16
- » Defense Minister: Repair Enterprises for Bulgarian Aircraft can Work without Service from Russia