Bulgaria Ranked Cheapest Summer Holiday Destination
Bulgaria is the cheapest summer holiday destination according to a survey of the German automotive union ADAC.
The survey covers 50 resorts in 10 European countries and includes various costs, such as sun protection creams (a price range of EUR 4.80- EUR 25 at the French Atlantic coast), beach chaise longues (EUR 2 in Croatia, EUR 20 in Italian resort Cesenatico), etc.
According to ADAC data, Bulgaria charges the cheapest for a consumer basket of 34 products and services for a family with two children- EUR 131. The items fall into the following categories: "Eating and Drinking", "Information and Leisure Activities", "Health and Body Care" and "Shopping and Extras".
The same set of products costs almost double (EUR 206) in Denmark, the cheapest European country. The Netherlands, the second most expensive country, charges EUR 186, followed by Germany with EUR 171.
A total of 21 of the resorts under review are classified as "expensive" or "very expensive", 9 belong to the "golden mean", 11 offer "reasonable" prices and 9 are "absolute bargains".
The most expensive summer holiday destination is Denmark's island of Fano, where you can buy the abovementioned group of products for EUR 217. The cheapest price for these 34 items, EUR 121, can be found in Agea, Southern Turkey.
ADAC's survey was conducted in July and August 2010 in Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, France, Greece, Italy, Croatia, the Netherlands, Spain and Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Before the Start of the Season: What are the Prices of Tickets for the Ski Area in Bansko
- » Travel in Europe Will Not Reach Pre-Pandemic Levels by 2024
- » Winter Tourism in Bulgaria: Will a Green Certificate be Required for the Ski Areas?
- » Bulgaria: The Ski Season will be More Expensive this Year
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year