Bulgarians Ashamed of 'Nationalists', Set to Apologize to Assaulted Muslims
Hundreds of Bulgarians have rallied on Facebook, ashamed of Friday's incident in which nationalists from the Ataka party assaulting praying Muslims in the Banya Bashi mosques.
The event entitled "A Flower for a Free Bulgaria" gathered several hundred supporters on Facebook within a matter of hours, after it was announced Friday afternoon as a reaction to the brawl in downtown Sofia.
The organizers are planning to lay flowers at the Banya Bashi mosque Saturday evening in order to demonstrate to the Muslims who were assaulted that there are "other people" in Bulgaria who condemn the acts of far-right extremism.
- » UNESCO Director-General Visited the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Photo Exhibition in Paris
- » The Fastest Ant on the Planet Travels Nearly a Meter in a Second
- » CITUB Wants Bulgaria to Ratify the Convention against Workplace Violence
- » Climate Change Is Making Stronger El Niños
- » Bulgarian Girl Is the European Chess Champion for Students
- » Healthcare Spending Growth in 2020 will be Around BGN 500 million