Bulgarians Ashamed of 'Nationalists', Set to Apologize to Assaulted Muslims
Hundreds of Bulgarians have rallied on Facebook, ashamed of Friday's incident in which nationalists from the Ataka party assaulting praying Muslims in the Banya Bashi mosques.
The event entitled "A Flower for a Free Bulgaria" gathered several hundred supporters on Facebook within a matter of hours, after it was announced Friday afternoon as a reaction to the brawl in downtown Sofia.
The organizers are planning to lay flowers at the Banya Bashi mosque Saturday evening in order to demonstrate to the Muslims who were assaulted that there are "other people" in Bulgaria who condemn the acts of far-right extremism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Quarter of Bulgarians are ready to Emigrate
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 38 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Code Yellow for Strong Winds in 10 Regions Today: Temperatures Drop to Minus 15° in the Coming Days
- » Bulgaria is among the EU countries with the Highest Household Expenditure on Food and Soft Drinks
- » Survey: Every Fifth Bulgarian has been in the Car with a Drunk Driver
- » Ukrainians with Temporary Protection will be able to Stay in Bulgaria until March 4, 2024