Sofia Airport Serviced Record Number of Passengers April 2011
Bulgaria's Sofia International Airport serviced 282 694 passengers April 2011, which is 13% more than the same period of 2009, when the record 250 000 passengers were serviced.
April 2011 saw a 60 000 increase year on year, which can be attributed to the Icelandic volcano crisis in the same month of 2010.
A total of 3 863 planes were serviced by the airport in April 2011, which is a 14% increase compared with April 2010. A total of 1 255 tons of cargo and post were handled during the month, which is also a 14% increase.
In April, it was revealed that the Sofia International Airport registered a 3% increase of the number of serviced passengers in the first quarter of 2011, compared to the same period of 2010, which was a record year for the airport.
- » Dundee’s Krumovgrad Gold Mine in Bulgaria Yields First Concentrate
- » Investments Worth More Than BGN 200 million Were Made in the Automotive Industry in 2018
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister and Saudi Arabian Ministers Discussed Co-Operation Between the Two Countries
- » A New Third Candidate is Ready to Take Part in CEZ's Bulgarian Business Deal
- » Tourism Minister: The Summer for Bulgarian Tourism will Be Challenging
- » Sofia Airport Grows Passenger Traffic with 5.2% this February