Bulgarian Railroads Launch Business Class Cars
The Bulgarian State Railroads, BDZ, are launching for the first time in the summer business class cars.
The news was announced Saturday by Transportation Minister, Aleksander Tsvetkov, who said in an interview for Darik radio trains with such cars will start running on June 1, 2011.
Fares for business class will be 20% to 30% higher than the regular ticket, but these cars will offer more comfort, wireless internet, tea, coffee and other beverages.
The Minister further informed the EU is going to provide funds in 2014 for the purchase of modern cars by BDZ.
The so-called weekend trains (express with one to two stops) between the capital Sofia and the Black Sea cities of Varna and Burgas, which were introduced in a pilot program in 2010, will run again this summer over the huge interest on the part of travelers. According to Tsvetkov, 30 000 passengers have used them in the summer of 2010.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%