Girl Fighting for Life in Fatal Sofia Balcony Accident
One of the two young women who fell from the third floor when their balcony railing gave in has sustained very severe injuries and is in a life-threatening condition.
The incident, which happened around 4 am Sunday, causing the death of a third person - a man in his twenties of reported Czech citizenship.
One of the girls, aged 19, has suffered a heavily broken ribcage as a result of the fall, and had surgery performed, with her condition remaining critical.
The other woman has a broken pelvis, as well as injuries to her arms and legs, but her condition is not critical.
At first inspection, it is reported that the balcony railing had fallen as a result of the pressure of people leaning on it.
The building, located in the very heart of Sofia at the intersection of Vitosha Blvd and Neofit Rilski Str, is old and does not appear to be well maintained.
On the other hand, records have shown that no inspections of have blacklisted it as dangerous.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: "Sofia Pride 2023" will be held on June 17
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon