Balcony Collapses, Kills Czech Man in Sofia
A 25-year-old Czech man died and two Bulgarian women were injured when a balcony collapsed in Sofia early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred at about 4 am on Saturday at 41 Neofit Rilski Street, near the Vitosha Blvd in the very downtown of the Bulgarian capital.
The Czech citizen, whose first name is Stepan and whose family name is not reported, was on the balcony of an apartment on the third floor where he lived together with two Bulgarian women when the balcony collapsed.
Both of the women aged 20 and 19 are in hospital, with the first one being in a critical condition.
The causes of the collapse of the balcony are investigated. The small streets in the Sofia downtown are lined with older buildings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: "Sofia Pride 2023" will be held on June 17
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon