Bulgarian Nationalist Leader: US Ambassador Threatened to Destroy Me!
Volen Siderov, leader of the far-right Bulgarian Ataka (Atack) party claimed US Ambassador to the country James Warlick threatened to "destroy him".
In Siderov's words, he encountered Warlick by chance the other day and presented him a "bill", which was actually the total cost the nationalist believes the US has to pay for using military bases on Bulgarian soil in the period 2006 – 2011 – USD 2 B.
Upon receiving the "bill", Warlick threw it and threatened he will "destroy" Siderov, the Ataka leader said from the Parliamentary tribune Friday, adding the encounter was "documented."
Siderov declared he will ask the Bulgarian National Security Service to protect him.
"When the Ambassador of the world's most powerful state threatens you, it is normal to feel afraid," he admitted.
Ataka is the ruling centrist-right GERB's only ally
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Diplomatic Missions in Bulgaria with a Demonstration in Support of Ukraine
- » Ukraine’s Ambassador to Bulgaria: Peace means Victory for Ukraine in this Imperialist War
- » Lithuanian President Decorates Maxim Behar with a State Award for Articles Written in 1991
- » Russian Ambassador: Bulgarians are still a Russophile People
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: Skopje should understand that the Road to Europe is through Actions, Not through Words
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger