Bulgaria's Construction Sector Collapses Anew
Bulgaria's construction sector appears to be experiencing a new collapse, according to government statistical data for March 2011.
In the third month of the year, the Bulgarian construction sector declined by 3.1% compared with February, and by 19.1% year-on-year.
The new drop comes after latest data revised the negative data for January and February; thus, in February on monthly basis Bulgaria's construction sector grew by 2.3%, instead of the 1.1% drop previously reported, while in January it saw a growth of 1.7% instead of 0.8% monthly drop reported initially.
In March 2011, Bulgaria's construction of residential buildings declined by 2.2% compared with February, while the construction of infrastructure saw a 1.9% decline.
In March 2011, the construction infrastructure dropped by 23.8% year-on-year, while the construction of residential buildings – by 14.7%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Expert: The Price of Gasoline can Reach BGN 3
- » Bulgaria: There is No Bubble in the Real Estate Market. For Now
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Kraken Cryptocurrency Exchange: Bulgaria owns $10 billion Bitcoin