Bulgarian PM: It's Normal That I Don't Run for President
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov stepped up the intrigue on whether he'll run for president in the fall by arguing that his current office might excuse him from doing so.
"It is highly normal for each party to nominate its leader for a presidential candidate," stated Borisov Sunday, as reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
"The presidential race is a race for leaders. Only the GERB party is excused from that option, as its leader [i.e., Borisov himself] is currently Bulgaria's PM," added Borisov.
The Bulgarian PM and center-right GERB leader also announced that his party will announce its final nominee in the month of August, pulling back an earlier announced July date.
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Interior: The Election Day Began in a Relaxed Atmosphere
- » There is Enough Place for Another 1 Million People in Sofia. Check out in which Districts
- » May 24 - Day of Bulgarian Culture and Enlightenment
- » Procession and Celebrations for May 24 in Sofia, the Capital of Bulgaria
- » Australian Prison Activist Ends Hunger Strike in Bulgarian Jail
- » Bulgaria Opens a New Section of Struma Motorway after Blagoevgrad