Bulgarian PM: It's Normal That I Don't Run for President
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov stepped up the intrigue on whether he'll run for president in the fall by arguing that his current office might excuse him from doing so.
"It is highly normal for each party to nominate its leader for a presidential candidate," stated Borisov Sunday, as reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
"The presidential race is a race for leaders. Only the GERB party is excused from that option, as its leader [i.e., Borisov himself] is currently Bulgaria's PM," added Borisov.
The Bulgarian PM and center-right GERB leader also announced that his party will announce its final nominee in the month of August, pulling back an earlier announced July date.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
- » Bulgaria: Chairman of Information Services - 4 Months is the Delivery of Voting Machines
- » Upholding the independence of the Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office: National Meeting on Monday
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended until August 31
- » Bulgaria: The Government Will Announce New Social Measures
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Accepted the Changes in the Cabinet