Bulgarian PM: It's Normal That I Don't Run for President
Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov stepped up the intrigue on whether he'll run for president in the fall by arguing that his current office might excuse him from doing so.
"It is highly normal for each party to nominate its leader for a presidential candidate," stated Borisov Sunday, as reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
"The presidential race is a race for leaders. Only the GERB party is excused from that option, as its leader [i.e., Borisov himself] is currently Bulgaria's PM," added Borisov.
The Bulgarian PM and center-right GERB leader also announced that his party will announce its final nominee in the month of August, pulling back an earlier announced July date.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend