Bulgarian Communist Dictator's Plane to Be Submerged in Black Sea
The personal plane of late Bulgarian Communist dictator Todor Zhivkov is to be submerged in the bay of the Black Sea city of Varna, where it will become an underwater tourist attraction.
The plane will be submerged on May 21 by diving center Sredets, Anton Angelov, deputy head of the Technical Driving Bulgaria association, told BurgasNews Thursday.
Besides serving as an attraction, the plane will be used for the training of underwater divers. Gradually, it will become an artificial reef.
Todor Zhivkov was a Communist politician and leader of the People's Republic of Bulgaria from March 4, 1954 until November 10, 1989.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Accepts Bulgarian Tourists with Rapid Antigen Test
- » Can Bulgarian Tourism Survive without Foreigners This Summer?
- » Bulgarian Hotel- and Restaurant-Keepers Lash out at Vaccination Stickers
- » Direct flights from Bulgaria to Seychelles to Be Launched This Autumn
- » In Bid to Save Season Sunny Beach Offers Lucrative Packages, Discounts – Tour Operators
- » Wizz Air Announces New Seasonal Base in Burgas