Merkel Spokesman: 'Obama' Killed Thousands
Stefen Seibert, German Chancellor Angela Merkel's spokesman, muddled the names of Osama bin Laden and US President Barack Obama on Tweeter Monday, making it seem that the latter killed thousands.
"Obama responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents, made a mockery of the fundamental values of Islam and all religions", the tweet initially said, and even though quickly corrected, it was rapidly retweeted across Germany and beyond, DPA reports.
The tweet ran with a tag for the German chancellery.
Meanwhile, a gory photo of Osama Bin Laden's wounded head circulated on television and Internet worldwide before being debunked as a fake. It turned out to be a reworked image of bin Laden, originally taken in 2009, The Telegraph and many other media sources have claimed with certainty.
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country
- » EC: The Situation on the Balkan Refugee Route is Stable
- » EC: If Britain has not Left the EU by May, it has to Elect MEPs
- » Britain and the EU have Reached a Compromise on Brexit