Bulgarian Parliament Speaker in Rome for John Paul II Beatification
Pope John Paul II has been beatified Sunday by successor Benedict XVI at a solemn mass in front of many hundred thousand pilgrims gathered on the St. Peter Square in the Vatican.
Many foreign dignitaries from across the world are also attending the ceremony. Bulgaria is represented by the Speaker of the National Assembly Tsetska Tsacheva.
Festivities have started Saturday, with joint prayers and recollections about the life of John Paul II, one of the most charismatic and loved popes in history. As usual, many young catholics have gathered for the celebration.
The process for declaring John Paul II was prompted and speeded up not only by his immense popularity which provoked him being given the rare informal title "the Great", but also by a miracle he apparently worked by curing a French nun from Parkinson's disease.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 132 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia’s Offensive in the East Continues
- » The Macedonian Arsonist from Bitola burned the French Proposal, 4 Policemen Injured in Anti-Bulgarian Clashes
- » China will soon Take Over 90% of the Russian Electronics Market
- » Europe is facing a Recession
- » Scholz: Germany is sending the most Advanced Weapons to Ukraine
- » Day 131 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky promised to take back Lysychansk