Bulgarian Folk Group Dedicates Song to William and Kate
The Mayor of the Bulgarian village of Zabardo, in the Rhodope Mountains, Veselin Cherpokov, has sent an official invitation to British Prince William and his bride, Kate Middleton, to pay a visit to the village.
Zabardo is known for its folklore, traditions and the Zabardo Wheel, a carousel that became the symbol of a couple's never-ending love and devotion.
In a congratulations address to the British Embassy in Sofia, the Mayor is inviting the royal newly-weds to take a spin on the Wheel.
In addition, the famous Zabardo grandmothers' folk group has modified a popular Rhodope folk song with new arrangement and text, dedicated to William and Kate.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarians Celebrate 174 years since the birth of Revolutionary Hristo Botev
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. Basil's Day or ‘Survaki’
- » How Bulgaria Celebrates New Year’s Eve
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Ignazhden - the First Guest at your Home Determines the Year
- » Hours until the Final of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Paris
- » You can Now Vote for Bulgaria at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021, the Final is on Sunday