Bulgarian Nationalists to Stage New Rallies against Jehovah's Witnesses
New protests against the Bulgarian Jehovah Witnesses movement are to take place in May, the VMRO – BND nationalist party announced Tuesday.
The rallies will be staged before prayer houses in the Southern Bulgarian cities of Sofia, Plovdiv and Asenovgrad, Alexander Sidi, representative for the party, told Darik radio.
The Jehovah Witnesses is the most aggressive sect when it comes to recruiting new members, Sidi claimed, pointing out they go around knocking on people's doors and that they use their own magazine, " The Watchtower", to lure citizens into their movement.
On April 17 five followers of the Jehovah Witnesses were injured in a clash provoked by a rally against their sect, organized by VMRO. The incident happened in the Black Sea city of Burgas, in front of the Jehovah Witnesses House of Prayer.
The attackers were football hooligans, VMRO explained afterwards, stating that the party intended to stage a peaceful protest. However, it warned that accidents like this may follow if the Jehovah Witnesses are not banned.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours