Bulgarian Socialists' Presidential Candidate Revealed at Buzludhza Celebrations
The names of the tandem of the opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party, BSP, to enter the presidential race in the fall, will be revealed by the time of the party's the yearly celebration on Buzludzha peak.
The news was reported by the Secretary of the BSP National Council, Evgeniy Uzunov, speaking for the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR.
Every year, at the end of July, Bulgarian Socialists gather in the Central Stara Planina mountain range to mark the founding of the Bulgarian Social-Democratic Party, the predecessor of BSP. The party was established there in 1981 by Dimitar Blagoev and fellow Socialists. Buzludzha is also the site of a historic battle in the 19-century fight for the independence of Bulgaria.
Uzunov says BSP has clear deadlines for the nominations of the presidential team and local mayors – by the end of May all Socialists must hold meetings to discuss the nominations and issue proposals for mayoral candidates; by the end of June, the conferences of the municipal BSP branches must make the decision on these proposals and have a final list of candidates; by the end of July – the BSP National Council is to have the names of the candidates for president and vice president.
"We want to determine these candidates in the most democratic way," Uzunov points out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend