Bulgarian Sailors Reported in Distress in Brazilian Waters
A ship with Bulgarian sailors on board is in distress near the Brazilian shore, according to the Head of the Executive Agency "Maritime Administration," Sergey Tsurnaliyski.
The 14-member crew is left almost without any food and water, Tsurnaliyski informs, cited by Darik radio Tuesday.
"Sea Wind" is on roadstead near the Brazilian port Victoria, waiting for several days to enter it to be loaded. The ocean is rough and Brazilian authorities do not want to risk safety by sending boats with supplies.
"Maritime Administration" is in constant touch with the captain, who has said they were able to get closer to the shore, and hope to receive food and water Tuesday afternoon.
There are 10 Bulgarians among the 14 crew. All are reported in good health and have no other problems. The Maritime Administration in Panama, under whose flag the ship is sailing, has also been notified.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Colder with Snowfall in Some Regions
- » Game-Changer: Swift Bacteria Identification Method to Cut Antibiotic Use
- » Ruse-Veliko Tarnovo Highway Construction Starts Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cold and New Precipitation of Rain and Snow in the Next Hours
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Alarming Reality: 17% of Bulgarian Babies and Young Children Live in Poverty