Gaddafi Accepts AU Ceasefire Plan
Embattled Libyan strongman Muammar Gaddafi has accepted the peace plan proposed by the African Union, South Africa's President, Jacob Zuma sad Monday.
The plan is due to be presented to rebel leadership in Benghazi later on Monday, Sky News reports. Four key priorities are outlined in the communique, including an "immediate cessation of all hostilities" and a "transitional period towards reform", as well as "the facilitation of diligent delivery of humanitarian aid" and "the protection of foreign nationals". The "deployment of an effective monitoring mechanism for ceasefire" is also included.
The leaders of the uprising have so far rejected any ceasefire plan that involves leaving either Gaddafi or his sons in power.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia