Bulgaria Evacuates 15 Sailors from Libya via Tunisia
Bulgaria's Embassy in Tripoli, the only functioning EU embassy in the Libyan capital has organized the evacuation of 15 Bulgarian sailors working on different Libyan vessels.
The Foreign Ministry in Sofia has announced that the sailors will be evacuated through Libya's land border with Tunisia, and will depart for Bulgaria from there.
Two Bulgarian sailors have confirmed in writing to the Embassy that they did not wish to be evacuated from Libya, where the regime of Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi is fighting rebel forces in the east, and is the target of the NATO-led air Operation Odyssey Dawn for enforcing a no-fly zone and for protecting civilians.
Several days ago Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry managed to evacuate two other Bulgarian sailors from Libya – one of them left via Egypt, while the other one boarded the Ukrainian evacuation vessel Konstantin Olshanski.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria will not Fulfill the Russian Ultimatum
- » Black Smoke over the Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgarian MFA: Calls for Support for the Russian Military are Absolutely Unacceptable