Bulgarian Villagers Block Highway Construction
Frustrated residents of the Pernik village of Golyamo Buchino blocked Tuesday the ongoing construction of the Lyulin Highway protesting interference with their daily lives.
The villagers requested that the Mapa Cengiz company constructing Lyulin immediately fulfil its oblgations in restoring the road infrastructure of their village and reimburse owners for their expropriated estates.
10 km of roads in Golyamo Buchino, as well as road drains, are claimed to have been destroyed for the construction of the highway.
40 owners of properties in the area are claiming damages. The city of Pernik is also claiming BGN 0.8 M from the company.
The protest, which blocked all access to the main construction site, was attended by Pernik mayor Rositsa Yanakieva and Pernik town council president Dobri Mitrev.
They recalled that Lyulin Highway is scheduled to be finished within a month and claimed there are no indications that Turkish company Mapa Cengiz will move to fulfil its obligations to the local residents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: There are 34 Active Fires in the Country, the Situation in Most Places is Under Control
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,636 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places from Tomorrow - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive