20 000 Bulgarians RSVP Mysterious Birthday Party
A rather bizarre Facebook event has stirred the spirits in Bulgaria, as 20 000 Bulgarians have pledged to attend a birthday party, which is to take place in a small apartment on April 9 in the capital Sofia.
Dobromira Ilieva (Doby), a female Facebook user, who will supposedly turn 22 on April 9, has created an event intended to invite her friends at her private party, but has mistakenly made the event public. In just over 2 days, the event gathered more than 20 000 responses. Even though it has been deleted, a new event for the same alleged birthday party has already received 11 000 "guests".
Several Bulgarian TV crews tried to contract the young lady in question, only to find out the address she gave in the original invitation is fake. Journalists have questioned whether she even is a real person - or there is a troll behind the whole operation.
The case seems suspiciously similar to that of a 16 year-old Australian girl by the name of Jess who recently sent out a Facebook invitation to the party located at her house. A 17-year old teenager hijacked the invite, making the whole invitation viral, as a result of which, 215,000 people responded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Duration of the Isolation of Patients is Reduced from Today
- » Bulgaria: Are Gas Stations Draining Money through the Anti-Crisis Measures
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1,350 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Another Death on “Trakia” Highway
- » COVID-19: New Changes to Quarantine Measures in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Goat's Milk Curd Won the Highest Award at the Great Taste 2022 Competition