Bulgarian Embassy Only EU Representation Open in Tripoli
The Bulgarian Embassy in the Libyan capital Tripoli is the only EU one currently open and functioning.
The information was reported Thursday by the Bulgarian National Radio, BNR, after an earlier announcement Greece is evacuating all their diplomats from Libya.
The Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry reiterates their insistent appeal for all Bulgarian citizens to leave the country over the raging civil war and NATO mission. According to Ministry's data, about 200 Bulgarians remain in different Libyan cities. The institution further says they are fully prepared to evacuate Bulgarian diplomats as well.
The Foreign Ministry reminds that chances to leave Libya diminish by every passing day.
BNR further informs that 7 Bulgarian citizens have been evacuated on board of a Russian airplane departing from Tunisia late Wednesday evening. Three of them are expected to arrive in Sofia Thursday, after spending the night in Moscow.
Diplomatic sources have said a total of 9 Bulgarians have asked for assistance to leave Libya, but 2 later changed their mind.
- » Serbia Grateful to Bulgaria for its Vote in Energy Community
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov in Thessaloniki: There is no Better Place than the European Union
- » Premier Boyko Borissov to Participate at Thessaloniki Summit 2018
- » Bulgaria’s PM Held Bilateral Meetings with PMs of Serbia and Montenegro
- » Bulgaria’s PM Borisov Met with his Macedonian Counterpart Zaev
- » Struma Motorway in Sandanski-Kresna Section Will be Opened in Early December