Line of Birthday Gifts Awaits Bulgaria's Ethnic Turkish Leader
Members and supporters of the Bulgarian ethnic Turkish party DPS went Tuesday to its headquarters to greet the leader Ahmed Dogan for his 57th birthday.
A long line of gifts awaited Dogan. The mayor of the Bulgarian city of Kardzhali, Hasan Azis, arrived to Sofia carrying a painting, while the mayor of the village of Garmen, Ahmed Bashev, chose a rug as his present.
Other gifts for the leader included luxurious items of world famous brands, as well as flowers.
"Every nation has a leader. We are a minority and every year we express our gratitude to him or what he has done for us, for everything we have. We are proud of him. This is a true leader. Some people demand a change, but this is apparently triggered by other circumstances," said the leader of the Roma population, Gyursel Aliev, who is a DPS activist and came to wish "Happy Birthday" to Dogan.
Aliev told the Bulgarian daily "24 Chasa" (24 Hours) that his gift is a painting of the Blue Mosque in Istanbul.
A DPS member has revealed that the party leader will also receive many books, since he has a great passion for reading.
The party's former coalition partner NDSV said they will send Dogan their greetings and a bouquet. By late Monday, the other coalition partner, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), had not decided on their present yet.
In 2009, the Prime Minister at the time, Sergey Stanishev, presented Dogan who was his governing partner with a microscope from the 1940s.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: 130 million Needed for Bridges, Trestles and Viaducts in Poor Condition
- » Registry Agency: As of August 16, Commercial Register Users Could Make Checks by National Identity Number
- » The Poverty Line in Bulgaria for 2019 will be BGN 348
- » Bulgarian Government Approves 11 National Scientific Programs for 2018-2022 Period
- » National Statistical Institute: Household Income in Bulgaria Increased in 2018
- » Border Police: Heavy Traffic of Trucks Exiting Bulgaria at Kulata, Kapitan Andreevo and Danube Bridge – Ruse Checkpoints
"The party's former coalition partner NDSV said they will send Dogan their greetings and a bouquet. By late Monday, the other coalition partner, the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), had not decided on their present yet."
This is heartwarming, such great friends.