Bulgarian Blockbuster-Hopeful LOVE.NET Digs Deep in Online Dating
Love.net, a Bulgarian movie with high hopes to become a hit exploring online dating, will premiere in Sofia on Tuesday, March 29, 2011.
The ambitious film features top Bulgarian actors Hristo Shopov, Vladimir Penev, Zahari Baharov, Lilia Maraviglia, Koyna Ruseva, Diana Dobreva, Dilyana Popova. It is also the first movie appearance of British rock and roll and blues vocalist John Lawton known for his work with Lucifer's Friend, Uriah Heep and the Les Humphries Singers.
Love.net is a film about "love at first virtual sight" directed by Ilian Djevelekov. It is produced by the Bulgarian company Miramar Film, and is written by Ilian Djevelekov, Matey Konstantinov, and Nelly Dimitrova. Djevelekov is known for directing one of the most successful recent Bulgarian movies "Dzift".
"We are ususing the momentum that we gained with Dzift and are hoping to achieve success," says Djevelekov describing the Bulgarian capital Sofia as the main character in the movie – a bustling, contemporary city.
Djevelekov came up with the idea for Love.net in 2004. In 2007, the project for the film won a subsidy Bulgaria's National Film Center – eventually amounting to BGN 1.3 M.
Before developing the script, the team contacted the owners of the largest Bulgarian dating site elmaz.com, who agreed to cooperate with them for the unique movie project.
Thus, in December 2007 and January 2008 every member of elmaz.com had the opportunity to submit to the screenwriters of Love.net their most interesting online dating story; a total of 7 346 stories were submitted, with the directing team being able to draw upon them for their film.
The movie itself was filmed in 2009 and 2010 in Sofia and in the UK.
- » NEW GROUP BY WAACKING Comes To Derida Dance Center in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Production Among Selected for the First European Film Festival in Qatar
- » The Platform for New Bulgarian Short Films REVERSE ANGLE Presents Three Films About the Boundaries of Dreams
- » The Iconic Sofia Cinema CULTURE Returns at a New Address – 22 San Stefano Street.
- » See the Big Winners of the 36th Edition of the Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights