Bulgaria Exported Record Amount of Honey in 2010
Bulgaria exported a previously unrecorded amount of honey in 2010, according to Gancho Ganchev, head of the National Beekeepers' Union.
Bulgaria producers exported between 7 200 and 7 700 tons of honey in 2010 out of a total of 12-13 000 produced last year, Ganchev said at the opening of the international expo "Bee-Mania" in the northeastern city of Dobrich.
"There has never been such an export of honey before. The export increased by 1 500 tons, with the first honey of rapeseed being produced," Ganchev stated.
He commented that while the wholesale price of a kilogram of honey is BGN 3.8-4.2, it is going to rise gradually in the coming years because of the product's regular business cycle.
There are some 700 000 bee families in Bulgaria but only about 2% of the bee keepers are doing it professionally, and not as a hobby.
He also said Bulgarians' average annual consumption of honey increased from 400-500 grams to 500-600 grams.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6