PVB Power Bulgaria to Invest EUR 250 M in Romanian Hydro Plants
PVB Power Bulgaria AD, an Italian-owned company registered in Bulgaria, has acquired permits to build 7 micro hydro-power plants in Romania.
The 7 hydro power plants will have a combined annual electricity production of 260 000 000 KWh, and the total investment is estimated to reach EUR 250 M.
The project for the 7 plants corresponds with Romania's strategy to focus on hydro-energy, the company said.
PVB Power Bulgaria AD is a joint stock company based in Bulgaria with stakeholders – the Italian state represented by Finest SpA, PVB Group, Dolomiti ENERGIA, and Azienda Energetica SpA.
The consolidated capital of the PVB Power Bulgaria stakeholders amounts to EUR 1.025 B, and their assets are valued at EUR 2 B.
The companies participating in PVB Power Bulgaria own 43 hydro stations with a total capacity of 1 842 MW, and annual production of 4.5 GW/h.
Through its subsidiary "Svoge Hydro-Power Plant AD", PVB Power Bulgaria AD has constructed a total of 9 hydro power plants along the Iskar River, investing EUR 115 M.
Through its other subsidiary "Maritsa Hydro Power Plant AD", it is working on a project for 5 hydro power plants along the Maritsa River, with the total investment estimated at EUR 110 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The West is considering Price Caps on Russian Oil and Gas
- » EU: 40% Renewable Energy by 2030
- » Moscow: Sofia's Refusal of the New Payment System leads to more Expensive Gas
- » Sofia: A Protest against High Fuel Prices is planned for Today
- » Oil is Cheaper by more than 5% against one-month Price Lows
- » Von der Leyen: Reducing Heating in Europe by 2 Degrees will Replace Nord Stream Supplies