China, India Demand Immediate Cease-Fire in Libya
China and India have called for an immediate end of the operation in Libya where US and European nations launched punishing airstrikes to enforce a U.N. no-fly zone.
China wants an immediate cease-fire and talks to end the violence, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu declared Tuesday, as cited by the Canadian press.
"We oppose the use of force that could result in more civilian casualties and a humanitarian crisis," she said.
"We view with grave concern the ongoing violence, strikes and deteriorating humanitarian situation in Libya. We regret the air strikes that are taking place," Indian Foreign Minister stated, according to Xinhua.
China and India, along with Brazil, Russia, and South Africa (BRIC nations), plus Germany abstained from a voting last Thursday on the UN Security Council's 1973 resolution authorizing the international community to impose a no-fly zone over Libya.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Euro Ombudsman: EC hides Correspondence between Von der Layen and Pfizer
- » Lavrov: Russia does not want War with Ukraine
- » Lukashenko: War is Possible only if Belarus or Russia are Attacked
- » Croatian Minister: The President Embarrassed us in front of Bulgaria and Ukraine
- » Biden-Zelensky Conversation did Not go Well
- » NATO is considering Deploying Troops in Slovakia