Elderly Woman, Teen Boy Found Under Quake Rubble in Japan
An 80-year-old woman and a 16-year-old boy have been found under rubble in the Miyagi prefecture, nine days after the devastating earthquake in Japan.
The boy was found on the roof of his house in the city of Ishinomaki. He then led the rescuers inside where the woman was.
Both were reportedly weak but conscious. It is not known yet how badly they were hurt. They were taken to a hospital by a helicopter, Sky News reported on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the police in Japan said that 15 000 people may have been killed only in the Miyagi prefecture.
According to official data, the death toll rose to 8133, with 12 272 people missing.
About 400 000 people have been accommodated in temporary shelters in the cold with little food.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Series of Knife Attacks in three Brussels Neighborhoods: Two People have Died
- » Bulgarian SPG-9 Warriors mounted on Buggies chase Russian Tanks through the Mud in Ukraine
- » Musk: Apple has 'threatened to withhold' Twitter
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia