Libya Rebels: Gaddafi Ceasefire Is Pure Lie
Rebels in Libya have slammed as "lies" the government's assurances of an immediate ceasefire following a UN Security Council resolution, which backed "all necessary measures" short of occupation to protect civilians in the country.
"This is false news. They are lying. Gaddafi lies about everything," Abdul Basit, a rebel spokesman said.
"The dictator is telling lies to the whole international community and is trying to win time, to turn the situation in his favor," he said.
Rebels said government forces had been bombarding cities in the western part of the country and there are unconfirmed claims that this has continued despite the ceasefire announcement.
Libya's government declared an immediate ceasefire on Friday after a UN Security Council resolution backed "all necessary measures" short of occupation to protect civilians in the country.
UN Security Council Resolution 1973 gave broad backing to taking military action against all threats to civilians, which could include bombing Col Gaddafi's forces on the ground if necessary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid
- » Day 81 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Hell at Azovstal, Russia Drops Phosphorus Bombs, Rocket Fire near Ukraine’s Border with Poland
- » Day 80 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Fighting in Donbas is Gaining Momentum, Russian Soldier on Trial
- » Lavrov: The EU has become an Aggressive and Militant Player
- » Zelenskiy: No One can Predict How Long this War will Last
- » Croatia will Adopt the Euro on 1 January 2023