Egypt Starts Arming Libyan Rebels - Report
Egyptian military forces have reportedly started delivering arms to rebels over the Libyan border with Washington's knowledge.
The shipments, which consist mainly of assault rifles and ammunition, appear to be the first confirmed case of an outside government arming the rebel fighters, the Wall Street Journal points out.
The rebels have suffered severe attacks during the past days, with forces loyal to embattled dictator Muammar Gaddafi advancing westwards. On Thursday, the bombing was launched on the city of Benghazi, held by the opposition.
Late on Thursday, UN Security Council approved a no-fly zone over Libya thus legitimizing a foreign military intervention in the fighter between Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi and pro-democracy rebels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Arctic: MEPs Call for Peace and Reduction of Tensions in the Region
- » MEPs Push for Common EU Cyber Defense Capabilities
- » Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
- » NATO Expels Russian Staff
- » European Parliament Opposes Mass Surveillance
- » 44 Percent of Adults in North Macedonia have been Vaccinated