Chavez Threatens US with Vietnam Scenario in Libya
The USA could face a Vietnam-style quagmire should they take up military strikes against Libya, warned Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.
"If the Yankees attack Libya, they will face a new Vietnam, and oil prices will get to USD 200 per barrel," said Chavez on Venezuelan national TV.
The President admitted that presently there is a civil war going on in Libya, but stated that nevertheless no state has the right to attack another sovereign state.
He reiterated his call to the international community to create a negotiating mission for the peaceful resolution of the bloody conflict between Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and the opposition.
Chavez is seen as having maintained especially close ties with Gaddafi. When protests against the Libyan leader turned violent, the Venezuelan President offered to act as an intermediary between the warring parties.
- » Trump Creates Space Troops
- » MEPs Demand an End to the Change of Time in 2020
- » In Northern Macedonia, Are Preparing For the Presidential Election
- » Saudi Arabia and Pakistan Signed Contracts For $ 20 billion
- » Thousands of Albanians Went to the Streets to Demand the Resignation of the Prime Minister
- » 100 Days Before European Elections