Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper Stage Summer Gig in Bulgaria
Heavy metal legends Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper, Apocalyptica and Mastodon will participate in the second edition of Sonisphere Festival in Bulgaria.
The organizers from Balkan Entertainment announced Thursday that this year, the festival will be held only one day – June 21. It will be staged at the hippodrome in the town of Bankya, 10 km west of Sofia.
"The hippodrome does not have a limit. We expect about 30 000 people to visit the festival and 5000 of them will be able to sit," said Petar Petrov from Balkan Entertainment.
The venue will be separated and specifically designed with stands and areas for the festival. The preparation begins March 15 with construction of the parking and leveling of the ground.
Catering, chemical toilets, additional buses and shuttles will also be provided for the visitors of the festival.
Tickets will cost between BGN 90 and BGN 150 and are already on sale.
Last year, Sonisphere Festival featured Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. The DVD and Blue-ray entitled "The Big Four: Live From Sofia, Bulgaria" reached double platinum status in France and Australia and gold in several other countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us