EU Sends First Humanitarian Mission into Libya
A special EU mission to evaluate humanitarian needs in Libya has been sent to Tripoli, according to a statement by EU High Representative for External Affairs Catherine Ashton.
This is the first international humanitarian mission to Libya since protests against leader Muammar Gaddafi turned violent, claiming the lives of thousands.
The delegation is headed by Agostino Miozzo, a senior official from the EU Diplomatic Service responsible for coordination in crisis situations.
The goal of the mission is to establish first hand the extent of the humanitarian needs on the ground.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria