Bulgarian Plane Helps Libyan Refugees Flee to Egypt
The Bulgarian plane that has left for the Libyan-Tunisian border has already executed one flight from Tunisia to Egypt, to transport people fleeing from violence-flooded Libya.
Tens of thousands of people, many of them of Egyptian origin or Egyptian citizens, have fled the western part of Libya to neighboring Tunisia.
Bulgaria had promised to send a plane of flag carrier Bulgaria Air as part of an EU humanitarian action to help people resettle.
The plane, an Airbus 319 with 140 seats, is serving the route from the isle of Djerba in Tunisia to Egyptian capital Cairo.
It is expected to carry out three more flights Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid