Gaddafi Loaylists Recapture Libya's Zawiyah
Force's loyal to Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi have recaptured the city of Zawiyah near Tripoli from the hands of the anti-regime rebels.
"The people of Zawiyah and the heads of the popular committees have made Zawiyah safe from the armed terrorist forces," reported Channel One of Libyan state TV.
Libyan Channel Two said government forces were in control of most of the middle-class dormitory town just 60 kilometres (40 miles) west of Tripoli, and tanks, troop carriers and rocket-launchers had been seized from the rebels.
According to Al Jazeera, at least 50 men have been killed and 300 wounded in the war between the Gaddafi military and the pro-democracy rebels.
The rebels have tried to keep control of Zawiyah because of its strategic location near the capital Tripoli.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India