Gaddafi Loaylists Recapture Libya's Zawiyah
Force's loyal to Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi have recaptured the city of Zawiyah near Tripoli from the hands of the anti-regime rebels.
"The people of Zawiyah and the heads of the popular committees have made Zawiyah safe from the armed terrorist forces," reported Channel One of Libyan state TV.
Libyan Channel Two said government forces were in control of most of the middle-class dormitory town just 60 kilometres (40 miles) west of Tripoli, and tanks, troop carriers and rocket-launchers had been seized from the rebels.
According to Al Jazeera, at least 50 men have been killed and 300 wounded in the war between the Gaddafi military and the pro-democracy rebels.
The rebels have tried to keep control of Zawiyah because of its strategic location near the capital Tripoli.
- » Boris Johnson is the New UK Prime Minister
- » 8 European Countries Set up a Mechanism For Allocation of Rescued Migrants
- » Over 825,000 People Became EU Citizens in 2017
- » Shinzo Abe Won the Elections in Japan
- » Zelensky's Party is the Big Winner of the Ukrainian Elections
- » Trillions of Cigarette Butts Thrown on the Ground Annually