Bulgaria to Present Special Exhibit at EC for Liberation Day
Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva will open an exhibit in the Berlaymont building of the European Commission in Brussels dedicated to Bulgaria's National Liberation Day March 3.
Georgieva will open an exhibit entitled "The Roofs of Sofia" on March 1 at 5 pm CET together with Culture Minister Vezhdi Rashidov and Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Later on March 1, Rashidov will take part in the celebration of Bulgaria's Liberation Day in the European Parliament.
Back in November 2010, EU Commissioner Georgieva and Culture Minister Rashidov received a permission from the EC to have Bulgarian exhibits in the EC building for Bulgaria's two most important holidays – March 3 and May 24. The exhibit to be opened on March 1 will be the first of its kind under this agreement.
On March 3, Bulgaria celebrates its national liberation from the Ottoman Turkish Empire in 1878, and on May 24, it celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian and Slavic alphabet and Bulgarian culture.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov