Bulgarians to Rock with International Stars at New Festival
Bulgaria's brand new festival for pop and rock music, Elevation, will have its first edition in June and will be staged in the southwestern town of Razlog.
At a press conference on Thursday, the organizers announced that Elevation 2011 will take place on June 24-25 and will feature international and Bulgarian musicians.
The headliners will be announced in several weeks. According to Boris Milanov from the Bulgarian promotion company Symphonics Entertainment, their participation has been negotiated at 99%.
"We are talking about a big pop funk band, a big rap band and a pop singer," Milanov said.
So far, the organizers have announced several participants – 30 Seconds to Mars, Hurts, Gentleman & The Evolution, Parov Stelar, Cyanna and Dog Eat Dog.
The Bulgarian bands Odd Crew, Sepuko 6 and Monyx will also take part in the first edition of the new festival.
One of the organizers, Alexandar Evtimov, said that the crew is negotiating with several companies to provide direct transport from large Bulgarian cities to Razlog. A camp will also be staged near the festival.
The mayor of Razlog, Krasimir Gerchev, confirmed that the municipality had negotiated the cooperation of all institutions that will take care the festival runs without accidents.
The organizers said they want to make Elevation the biggest music festival on the Balkans.
- » NEW GROUP BY WAACKING Comes To Derida Dance Center in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Production Among Selected for the First European Film Festival in Qatar
- » The Platform for New Bulgarian Short Films REVERSE ANGLE Presents Three Films About the Boundaries of Dreams
- » The Iconic Sofia Cinema CULTURE Returns at a New Address – 22 San Stefano Street.
- » See the Big Winners of the 36th Edition of the Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights