Bulgarians to Rock with International Stars at New Festival
Bulgaria's brand new festival for pop and rock music, Elevation, will have its first edition in June and will be staged in the southwestern town of Razlog.
At a press conference on Thursday, the organizers announced that Elevation 2011 will take place on June 24-25 and will feature international and Bulgarian musicians.
The headliners will be announced in several weeks. According to Boris Milanov from the Bulgarian promotion company Symphonics Entertainment, their participation has been negotiated at 99%.
"We are talking about a big pop funk band, a big rap band and a pop singer," Milanov said.
So far, the organizers have announced several participants – 30 Seconds to Mars, Hurts, Gentleman & The Evolution, Parov Stelar, Cyanna and Dog Eat Dog.
The Bulgarian bands Odd Crew, Sepuko 6 and Monyx will also take part in the first edition of the new festival.
One of the organizers, Alexandar Evtimov, said that the crew is negotiating with several companies to provide direct transport from large Bulgarian cities to Razlog. A camp will also be staged near the festival.
The mayor of Razlog, Krasimir Gerchev, confirmed that the municipality had negotiated the cooperation of all institutions that will take care the festival runs without accidents.
The organizers said they want to make Elevation the biggest music festival on the Balkans.
- » The 69th Edition of "Berlinale" Begins
- » The "One Person" Figure with 56 Screen, 12 Meters High, can Replace the "Bronze House"
- » National Palace of Culture Will Host the Harry Potter Book Night
- » Theater Sofia Brings THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME to Bulgaria 2/8 and 3/19!
- » The Bulgarian National Film Center Will Increase the Annual Amount of Film Funding by 6.32%
- » Exhibition of Donated Paintings at the National Gallery