Gaddafi Ordered Lockerbie Bombing - Report
Embattled Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi has personally ordered the Lockerbie bombing, the Swedish tabloid Expressen has reported.
"I possess evidence that Gaddafi ordered Lockerby," Libya's former Judicial Minister Mustafa Mohamed Abud Al Jeleil has said in his interview for Expressen.
Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi, who is responsible for the bombing attack, was freed from a Scottish prison in 2009 on the grounds that he was suffering from prostate cancer . According to Al Jeleil, Gaddafi, who personally gave him the order, must have worked very hard to rescue him from jail.
"In order to hide the fact he ordered the bombing, Gaddafi used all his power to get Megrahi back from Scotland," Al Jeleil is quoted saying.
On 21 December 1988, the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed as a result of a terrorist bomb, resulting in 270 fatalities (259 on the plane, 11 in Lockerbie), citizens of 21 nations.
Abdul Fattah Younis al Abidi told CNN Wednesday that he resigned Monday after hearing that 300 unarmed civilians had been killed in Benghazi, Libya's second-largest city. He accused Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi of planning to attack civilians on a wide scale.
Meanwhile, Expressen has also stated that a Swedish national has been shot in Libya, but is in good condition.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Scholz: Russia will Not Win its War in Ukraine
- » Day 92 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia Attacked 40 Cities in Donbas, Kyiv Criticizes NATO
- » Poroshenko urges Bulgaria to Close Ports for Russian Ships and Calls for Arbitration over Gazprom
- » Latvia: If Ukraine Loses, We are Next
- » Ukraine will Not Make Territorial Concessions in the Name of Peace with Russia
- » The EC is Proposing to Confiscate the Assets of Violators of EU Sanctions