Bulgarian Conservative Leader Sues Interior Minister for Libel
The Sofia Regional Court began Wednesday the trial of Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, who is being sued for libel.
The defamation case has been filed by the leader of the Bulgarian conservative Order, law and Justice Party, RZS, Yane Yanev.
Yanev's lawyer and fellow party member, Emil Vasilev, says Tsvetanov had insulted the RZS leader by labeling him in a TV interview as "political racketeer and a fraud."
According to Vasilev, the Minister launched the insults as soon as the Conservatives made public information about his wealth and properties and the "strange way he purchased apartments in upscale Sofia districts from a company associated with the ethnic Turkish party, Movement for Rights and Freedoms, DPS."
The lawyer further informs a civil claim has not been filed, because Yanev did not want a penny from Tsvetanov's "dirty money."
The Court will convene on the case again on April 12.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend