Majority of Bulgarians Favor Immediate Full Smoking Ban
A large majority of Bulgarians – 72.3% are in favor of a full smoking ban in public spaces, according to a Health Ministry poll.
These respondents say the ban must be implemented immediately.
The poll has been conducted among 1 862 Bulgarians from January 24 to February 21.
22% are against a smoking ban in indoor public spaces; 2.6% support delaying the ban by one year while 3.1% want the ban to be postponed for two and more years.
In mid-February, the Health Ministry launched mass checks across the country to counter violations in the new smoking-restrictive rules. The checks will end on March 18.
According to the new rules, in effect since the last days of 2010, indoor smoking in restaurants, clubs, bars, hotels, railroad stations, airports, malls, offices and schools is allowed only in separate spaces with closing doors.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Study: Where COVID-19 Hit Hardest, Sudden Deaths Outside the Hospital Increased
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Third Wave of Coronavirus Is Highly Likely
- » Huge Quarantine Facility Being Built in China Following New Covid-19 Outbreak
- » Bulgaria: Restrictive Measures Will Be Loosened in Certain Sectors Next Month
- » Australia Raises Alarm after 29 Norwegians Die Following Immunization with Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 570 Newly Infected, 7,533 Recovered