Bulgarian Railroad Workers Ready for National Strike
The Chairs of the two major Bulgarian labor unions –KNSB and "Podkrepa" (Support) at the Bulgarian State Railroads (BDZ) are discussing Monday the option to start of an effective strike.
The Confederation of the Independent Syndicates in Bulgaria, KNSB, and the Confederation of Labor, KT Podkrepa are holding talks with the chairs of the strike committees while the agreement to provide basic transportation services during the strike is already in place.
The protest is triggered by the cabinet signing a loan contract with the World Bank which has a clause for reducing expenses for railroad workers by 30%, meaning 8 000 layoffs by 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Jeeps Will No Longer Be Available For Tourists and Off-Road Adventurers in The Area of the Seven Rila Lakes
- » Israel Lists Bulgaria Among "Green" Countries for Travel
- » Largest Seaside Resort in Bulgaria - Sunny Beach to Close the Season by September 10th
- » Ministry of Finance Offering Tax Relief for Home Renovation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: New SME Grant of BGN 80 Million in September
- » Bulgaria's Prosecutor Office: The Port and Buildings within Dogan's Beachside Mansion in Rosenets Are Illegal