Snow Deluge Storm Deranges Lives of Millions Americans
A blizzard described as "historic" has been sweeping a huge part of the USA since Tuesday, covering it with feet of snow and sleet and paralyzing communications.
The snow storm, which is still going on Wednesday, is estimated to be one of the largest since the 1950s and ranged more than 3000 km all the way from Maine through Texas.
Midwest states such as Illinois and Indiana are the most affected. Hundreds of thousands people were left without electricity.
Automobile traffic was completely paralyzed and authorities issued a "Don't travel!" recommendation in more than half of the US states.
"Travel will be dangerous and life-threatening due to considerably decreased visibility and the chilling wind," warned the National Weather Service.
Under the conditions, rescue units could well be unable to reach stuck cars, and with ice on the ground even walking is a problem.
A total of over 10,000 flights have been canceled Tuesday and Wednesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia