Disgruntled Bulgarian Conservatives Demand Leader Ousting
Former members of the leadership of the Bulgarian conservative Order, Law and Justice (RZS) party demanded Wednesday the ousting of party head, Yane Yanev.
Other asked resignations include those of the RZS Members of the Parliament, Emil Vasilev and Atanas Semov. The latter is widely rumored to have been plotting to replace Yanev as party leader, but he firmly denies the allegations.
According to former RZS MP, now an independent one, Todor Velikov, the three must be replaced by individuals who are not discredited and the RZS Parliamentary group, (which now has below the required 10 people over dissent), must be restored.
Velikov says in an official statement sent to the RZS Political Council Yanev's behavior in the last months is in contradiction with the party code and basic party principles.
Attorney, Atanas Zhechev, one of the RZS founders, stressed that out of the 10 members of the Political Council, 6 have already left the party, but the Court had refused to strike them as members since it needs a proposal of the party leader.
Velikov further asks for the Parliamentary Committee on Internal Affairs to hold a hearing of Yanev over false information about a discrediting phone call between the Customs Agency Head, Vanyo Tanov and Menda Stoyanova, who is the Chair of the Parliamentary Committee on Budget and State Finances, from the ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party.
Velikov also insists Yanev has staged the theft of his SUV a couple of days ago to conceal the nonexistent recordings of alleged conversations between Tanov and key GERB figures.
Emil Vasilev, who is also a lawyer, already threatened Velikov with a defamation law suit.
- » PM Borissov: This Year's GDP Will Exceed BGN 120 billion
- » PM Borissov - The State Is Making Sure that the Next Generations Won't Be Burdened with Debt
- » Parliament Officially Goes into Election Vacations Until October 25 Inclusive
- » We are Celebrating the Feast of Aviation and the Bulgarian Air Force
- » After the Security Council: Bulgaria Urges Turkey to Suspend Military Operation in Syria
- » The Security Council will Meet Today Due to the Situation in Syria