Bulgarian Levski Star Striker Receives 8 Months Suspended Sentence
The regional court in Sofia has issued 6-month suspended sentence and 3-year probation period for French/Malian striker and Levski Sofia football star Garra Dembele, who was caught drink-driving in December.
On January 12, Dembele signed an agreement with the Prosecutor's Office in Sofia, which envisioned 6-month suspended sentence and 3-year probation period. However, the judge Ivo Hinov has decided that the punishment was not enough, taking into consideration the player's offense.
The sentence will neither affect the player's possible transfer, not his participation in the club's preseason training schedule.
In spite of his discipline problems, Garra Dembele, 24, has been in top form this season, scoring the remarkable scored 26 goals in 26 games in all competitions, including the prestigious Europa League.
His stunning performance on the pitch has drawn the attention of several classy European teams, including English Premiership clubs Blackburn Rovers, West Ham, and Everton, as well as Italian Chievo and German Hoffenheim.
Hoffenheim was reportedly ready to pay the luxurious EUR 4 M for the talented striker. However, as the transfer window has already closed in most places, Dembele will most probably stay at Levski, where he already enjoys a legendary status among supporters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia