Bulgarian Conservative Head's SUV Vanishes with Top Evidence
The SUV of the leader of the Bulgarian conservative Order, Law and Justice (RZS) party, Yane Yanev, has been stolen in Sofia, the Interior Ministry confirms.
The Director of the Sofia Police, Valeri Yordanov, told Darik radio the car has German tags, it is green in color, and was leased.
The BMW X6 has disappeared from the parking spot near Yanev's home. The 6th police precinct is investigating the case, including possible insurance fraud.
Yordanov says cars with foreign tags are considered a theft risk, and for this reason the police are looking into a potential insurance scam.
Meanwhile, the RZS press office informed there were very important documents inside the automobile, including 9 flash memory sticks, Yanev's personal cell phone, which at the time of the incident had been turned off, along with the keys from the party's vault where information about corruption cases is kept.
Petrov, currently under house arrest, is expected to become a formal RZS member in the near future. He had already announced his run for president at the upcoming 2011 elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski