Bulgarian Mayors to Face Salary Freeze over Draft Budgets Delay
Amendments to the Bulgarian Municipal Budget Act envision salary freeze for mayors who delay the submission of draft budgets for the year.
On Thursday, the parliament adopted the amendments at first reading.
Mayors will have a deadline of 30 working days after the adoption at second reading of the amendments to provide the drafts. If they fail to do so, their salaries will be frozen.The recovery of the money will happen only after they provide the draft budget.
The amendments to the Municipal Budget Act also envision the mayors to become secondary stewards of the budgets.
In this way, mayors will not be charged for current expenses such as repairs or supplies, which slow down the process.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend