Bulgarian Interior Arrests Own Officers over Racketeering
14 Bulgarian border police officers working at the Danube Bridge to Romania have been detained, announced Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
There is evidence that the 14 officers working at the checkpoint nearby the city of Ruse have been "racketeering" travelers, said Tsvetanov.
Ten of the officers have been put under arrest, while four more have been given a BGN 2000 bail per person.
The officers are presently being questioned.
- » The Young Bulgarian who Disappeared in the UK was Found Dead
- » 383 kg of Drugs Seized by Bulgarian Customs have been Burned
- » Interpol Saved 50 Children from a Pedophile Ring
- » Five illegal Migrants Caught Attempting to Cross the Danube
- » Man Shot his Ex-Wife in Shumen
- » 29 Guest Houses in Kyustendil Area Inspected by Economic Police