Bulgarian Interior Arrests Own Officers over Racketeering
14 Bulgarian border police officers working at the Danube Bridge to Romania have been detained, announced Minister of Interior Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
There is evidence that the 14 officers working at the checkpoint nearby the city of Ruse have been "racketeering" travelers, said Tsvetanov.
Ten of the officers have been put under arrest, while four more have been given a BGN 2000 bail per person.
The officers are presently being questioned.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015