Bulgaria's Health Ministry Declares Flu Epidemics in 6 Regions
Bulgaria's Health Ministry has already declared flu epidemics in six regions in Bulgaria – Sofia, Blagoevgrad, Petrich, Dupnitsa, Rila and Kocherinovo.
The number of sick people in the Sofia region has exceeded 300 per 10,000. People from all age groups have been infected, the biggest number being in kids and teenagers. The disease has been found to occur in a mild and moderate form.
Severe measures will be introduced in schools and kindergartens in the infected regions, in order to prevent the spread of the disease. The ministry has announced that if 25% of the students are absent, a flu break could be declared until the end of the epidemic.
So far, the absent students in nine schools in the Sofia region are more than 25%. However, the percentage in Blagoevgrad and Petrich is about 18-22% and no flu break is expected. Six schools in the regions of Dupnitsa and Kocherino will be in flu break between January 20-26.
The most affected people by this year's flu are kids and young people. The epidemics is expected to continue for at least two weeks, the ministry has announced.
- » Nearly 1000 Infected with Measles in Bulgaria
- » Since February, Measles Cases in Bulgaria have been Rising
- » For the First Time: Sofia Will Host a World Meeting of Child Cardiologists and Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- » Snake Bites Boom in the Beginning of the Summer
- » Only 40% of Bulgarians Consider Vaccines as Safe
- » VMA Will Held Free Lyme Disease Tests