Transcript from 2nd Taped Call between Bulgarian PM, Customs Head
Transcript from the second conversation between Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov and the Director of the Customs Agency, Vanyo Tanov, alleging Borisov provided a cover-up for the owner of the "Ledenika" beer company, Mihail Mihov.
The recordings were released earlier Friday by the Galeria, a paper believed to be the mouthpiece of Aleksei Petrov, former special agent of the State National Security Agency DANS, (currently under house arrest), who has been investigated on organized crime charges since his detention in the much advertised "Operation Octopus" in February 2010.
The tapes reveal that Borisov had called Tanov with an order to immediately pull the tax agents out of the factory and that the "Ledenika" boss personally complained to the PM.
The transcripts are published by Novinite.com as they have been published by Galeria. The authenticity of the tapes is yet to be proven.
Conversation between Boyko Borisov and Vanyo Tanov
BB: What is going on?
VT: Well, I have not spoken with Djankov (Finance Minister), but I talked to our people.
VT: And I reached an agreement with them.
VT: I said for the materials to be kept with Toni Strandzhev, and called him.
VT: We will deal with it.
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor