Transcript from 2nd Taped Call between Bulgarian PM, Customs Head
Transcript from the second conversation between Bulgarian Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov and the Director of the Customs Agency, Vanyo Tanov, alleging Borisov provided a cover-up for the owner of the "Ledenika" beer company, Mihail Mihov.
The recordings were released earlier Friday by the Galeria, a paper believed to be the mouthpiece of Aleksei Petrov, former special agent of the State National Security Agency DANS, (currently under house arrest), who has been investigated on organized crime charges since his detention in the much advertised "Operation Octopus" in February 2010.
The tapes reveal that Borisov had called Tanov with an order to immediately pull the tax agents out of the factory and that the "Ledenika" boss personally complained to the PM.
The transcripts are published by Novinite.com as they have been published by Galeria. The authenticity of the tapes is yet to be proven.
Conversation between Boyko Borisov and Vanyo Tanov
BB: What is going on?
VT: Well, I have not spoken with Djankov (Finance Minister), but I talked to our people.
VT: And I reached an agreement with them.
VT: I said for the materials to be kept with Toni Strandzhev, and called him.
VT: We will deal with it.
- » Sofia's District Heating Company Says the Network is Ready for Winter
- » Sofia Hosts Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- » Old Car Tax Increase was Adopted at First Reading in Bulgarian Parliament
- » Bulgaria is the most Competitive Economy in the Balkans
- » The Bulgarian Government Approved the Draft Disability Act
- » NFSB will Seek the Resignation of Volen Siderov as Chair of United Patriots’ PG