Bulgarian Health Minister Assuages Hepatitis Epidemic Fears
Bulgaria's capital Sofia is not under the threat of a hepatitis epidemic, according to Health Minister, Stefan Konstantinov.
In a Monday interview for the TV channel Nova Televizia, Konstantinov said there is an epidemic at three regions in Bulgaria, but it is localized and would not reach the capital.
The Health Minister warned the epidemic in the regions of Plovdiv, Stara Zagora and Haskovo must not been blown out of proportion, adding constant discussions and reports on it do not help and just trigger fears and panic.
Konstantinov further talked about the so-called consumer fee paid for visits to doctors, saying retirees must definitely pay the BGN 2.4 fee unless they present documents for low income.
The fee would make people think twice before forming long lines in front of doctors' offices for minor problems, according to the Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 772 Newly Infected, 60 Deaths in 24 Hours
- » Politico: Bulgaria’s Bumpy Road to Vaccination Targets
- » Trials of Magical Anti-Covid Nasal Spray Started off in UK
- » Germany Will Buy The Covid Drug Used on Donald Trump
- » Bulgarian Council of Ministers Discusses Stepwise Loosening of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » CEO of Bulgarian Drug Agency: About 2,5 Million May Be Vaccinated by June Provided 5 Vaccines Are Available